(This post outlines just one of the six principles I teach in the upcoming Take Permission Group. If you want practical instruction and encouragement on how to live a life where you Take Permission, then click here to sign up for the Take Permission Group starting in December. There are 10 spots left.)
You want clarity in your relationships at home. Resolving conflict in the workplace is equally important. You’re avoiding the very thing that will bring clarity and get rid of the lingering conflict once and for all.
Conflict brings clarity.(highlight to tweet)
Conflict is neither good nor bad, it’s just part of getting clarity. When conflict is done well the outcome is clarity. When it isn’t done well it causes even more confusion, hurt and anger.
Three Aspects of Healthy Conflict
1. Honest – Don’t say “It’s not a big deal” when confronting someone. Tell them that you’re hurt, confused or angry and give specific examples.
2. Direct – Don’t talk to someone else about a conflict, talk to the person you have the conflict with. This is the step people get wrong the most.
3. Mature – Planning ahead will allow you to stay calm and discuss the issues instead of just the feelings from the issues. Mature people seek a solution. Immature people seek to get even. Seek a solution over your own feelings of vindication.
Watch the video below to learn how to gain clarity at home and learn the key to resolving conflict in the workplace. Click here if you can’t see the video below.
Gain Clarity In Your Relationships
in Just Six Weeks
- Learn your true identity
- Stop unhealthy habits
- Learn to make great decisions
- Improve your most important relationships
- Become more productive